- All students of the vidyalaya are members of the library.
- Strict discipline and silence is to be observed in the library and reading- room.
- A student from class VI to XII can borrow one book at a time.
- Library books will be issued and returned during Library period of the class only and not in any teaching period.
- Library books should be properly maintained and returned within 15 days.
- Marking, underlining, cutting or tearing of pages of the books is strictly prohibited and liable to be punished if any such damage to the library books is detected.
- Text books, Reference books, latest issue of Journals and periodicals are reference materials and it should be read in the Library and reading room only. However, old issues of periodicals may be issued for home reading.
- The Librarian may demand the return of a book at any time in case of urgency.
- Library books are to be deposited atleast one week before leaving the station or any break and vacation.
- A ‘ No Due Certificate’ for each student is to be obtained from the Librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Library Policy1. Issue of books for home use – Each student would be issued two books at a
time for a period of one week. Staff members, including Principal, would be
issued maximum five books at a time for a maximum period of one fortnight.
Failure to return books on time would compulsorily lead to penalty of Re.l
per day for all (students & staff).
2. A recall system for overdue books should be introduced. This could be
achieved by sending an overdue note to the concerned student through the
Class Teacher. In case of staff the note can be sent through the school office.
3. Reissue of books by a user may be allowed maximum twice more after first
4. Newly purchased books should not be issued to any user for at least one
month but should be displayed separately as new arrivals.
5. Issue of subject reference books – Only subject reference books from
reference section would be issued for home use on those days when the
successive day is a holiday.
6. The book will have to be returned on the next working day. Dictionaries, Encyclopedias etc would not be issued.
7. One set of textbooks may be issued to teachers for the subject being taught
by them for the whole session.